Online Collections of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Welcome to our Online Collections! The Center's museums care for thousands of objects—from the common-place to the extraordinary.
In Online Collections, you'll find objects from each museum, many on display but some currently in storage. For some we have a lot of information, for others we don't. Do you know something about an object that we don't, or have a story to share? Please comment or ask questions!
Searching the Collection
- Click on New Search
- Use the Search the Collection box for keywords
- Search all museums or narrow your search with the museum checkboxes.
- You can search for what's On Display too.
- Use Advanced Search for more control.
- Use Site Search to search our Online Collections site using Google.
Creating a Virtual Exhibit
- Search for what you want in your exhibit.
- Hover over a thumbnail and click on the + sign that appears to add the object to our exhibit.
- Or click a thumbnail to view the full record and then click "Add to Virtual Exhibit."
- Click on My Exhibit to give it a title and description, and fill in the Final details.
- Click Save exhibit.
- Check your e-mail for a "Thanks for curating a Virtual Exhibit" message with an edit code to keep—in case you want to edit later!
You can use this form to send feedback regarding this application or anything about your visit to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. We'd love to hear from you!