Online Collections of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Welcome to our Online Collections! Our museums care for thousands of objects—from the common-place to the extraordinary.
NA.202.394 - Beaded hat. Seth's favorite!
Online Collections contains objects (many on display, some in storage at the moment) from each museum. For some objects our records have a lot of data, for others we don't. Do you know something more about an object, or have a story to share? Please comment or ask questions!
Searching the Collection
- Use the Search the Collection box for keywords
- Search all museums or narrow your search with the museum checkboxes
- You can search for what's On Display too
- Use Advanced Search to specify keywords for Makers, Descriptions, Uses, Subjects, and/or Names.
- Use Google Custom Search to search our Online Collections site
Creating a Virtual Exhibit
- Search for objects you want to include in your exhibit
- Hover over a thumbnail and click on the + sign to add an object
- Or click a thumbnail to view the full record and then click the "Add to Exhibit" button
- You'll need to Log in or Create account to save your exhibit. Registration is fast and free.
- Click on My Exhibit in the top menu to add object labels, a headline, and a description
- Click the Save exhibit button
- Check your e-mail for a "Your Virtual Exhibit is on display!" message with links for viewing and editing your exhibit
Feedback, Questions, or Comments
Use this form to send us feedback. We'd love to hear from you!